Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scheduled task do not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphtrent

Programmer
Jun 2, 2003
US
hello
I have a scheduled task that is supposed to kick off everyday at 5:00 pm, but for some reason it does not. I can tell because in the program, I write messages to the event log when I start and when I complete. I do not see these messages. The task is enabled. I am running Windows 2000 Professional SP4. I do not get any error messages saying that it could not start, so I am not even sure if it is being attempted to be kicked off. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Does the task require special permissions to be executed? If so, is it using an account with the appropriate permissions?

Assuming the persmissions are correct, I would personally double-check the task's schedule and possible replace whatever is being run with a test program. Perhaps a VB script that could bring up a message box.

Carlsberg don't run I.T departments, but if they did they'd probably be more fun.

Have you tried to delete it and recreate the task? Even when we set it to run under Administrator, sometimes that works and who knows why. Don't have that problem anymore, but used to happen with fair frequency.

Check the Scheduled Task log file to see why things arent working...off the top of my head i believe the log file is schedlgu.txt within c:\Winnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back