Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled Report Fails to Print-

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicam

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
Using Seagate Info 7
Using Crystal Report 7 report
When Trying to Schedule a report to print ( in Crystal Report Format) it gives message
'PE StartPrintJob- Request Cancelled By User"
However- it will print in word format or generate to disk in Crystal Report format.
I tried removing graphics from report - but it did not work

Your in the wrong forum, you should be in the Crystal Decisions:Seagate Info forum. You might have never gotten a response here.

Try opening the report with the report designer; go to File|Printer Setup... and then check the Print Setup dialog for the printer definition. See if the No Printer box (upper left corner) has been checked. Also, note if the printer that was displayed in the Name box is your default printer or some other printer; maybe you got a dialog like "No such printer." when the report loaded into the designer.

If the No Printer is checked then uncheck it. Then you may need to reset the Orientation based on that for the default orientation for the default printer (recommend you stay with the default printer, see Crystal Decisions web site for further info). Then save the report, exit the Report Designer, and refresh the report on the Desktop before you try to run it again.

If the printer defined was not the default printer then: set No Printer, click OK. Save the report. Go to File|Printer Setup... and then in the Print Setup dialog uncheck the No Printer. Then you may need to reset the Orientation (as in the above paragraph). Then save the report, exit the Report Designer, and refresh the report on the Desktop before you try to run it again. (This set/save/clear/save process is required, per Seagate, to clear a specific printer and reset the default printer for a report.)

Last possibility, the printer that was the target for output may not be defined on the server where the report was run (Info Server) or possibly on the APS. Is you system configured on a single machine, or spread out over several machines? If this does not help you correct your problem, please advise.

Sounds similar to a problem I had.
Check the date and version of your rptagent.exe file. We had to install the version below. This info was sent to me by Crystal's support team:

Escalation ID# 2,053
Track: ADAPT 82713
Description:
Reports that are scheduled while using the Seagate Info
server security plug-in fail when scheduled to a printer.
New Behavior:
The reports that are scheduled to a printer while using
this SDK plug-in should run successfully.
The problem is fixed in the following component version and higher.
rptagent.exe 7.5.0.470 06/03/2002

Are you saying that you installed a Ver. 7.5 RptAgent on an Info Ver. 7.0 system?!

Having used SI for 4 years, and worked with Seagate/Crystal Decisions tech support for most of that time, I find it difficult to believe that tech support would make that recommendation. SI 7.0 uses CR 7.0 while SI 7.5 uses CR 8.0, the report engines are not even close to being compatible!

I would be very careful of this if I were to try it. I would back everything up, including, and especially, my CINFODB, before I would let it run the 7.5 RptAgent.

Thanks so much for the replies. Due to technical difficulties I haven't had time to look at this problem again. Hopefully next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back