Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scheduled report failed to export to any other format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkaram

MIS
Sep 1, 2001
AU
Hi,
I have a scheduled report in Info 7 that is failing to export to any other format. Also, when you open the report in the designer and run it, it runs OK and the data gets displayed. Then when you try to expot it to any other format it crashes. This problem is only with this report. All other reports export properly.

Thanks,
Patrick.

Hmm, have you tried to export from the designer on the report server itself? How is that report different from theothers?

Hi,
Yes, I have tried to export from the designer on the report server but the same problem. The major difference between this report and the rest of the reports is that the number of records that this report is pulling out is growing considerably with time. In the last three month, the number of records packaged in the rpt file went up from
around 70000 to 387000 records. This reports looks at Year To date Information. The rpt file size went up from 526KB
to 4.1MB.

Thanks,
Patrick.

Hi!

I don't know if you have resolved this yet... but I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a type mismatch on a formula. I had a formula that was using the Instr() function, and when it reached a null field, the report just croaked! But there was so much data, that I wouldn't have found it out if I hadn't scrolled page by page in the designer, because all of the data showed up until that point. When it reached the rogue record, I got a somewhat meaningful error message that helped resolve the problem.

So, you might want to check for some sort of error on a formula.

Good luck!

danhauer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back