Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled Power Down Procedure ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saphiamond

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
US
We have a Definity G3csi V12 on a UPS. It is 3 cabinets.
We will be powering down the UPS for about an hour tomorrow morning.

Do I need to do a command to powerdown the PBX? If so what is it? Is there a sequence of recommended commands before powerdown?

Or should I just let it go down when the UPS goes down and let it come back up? What risks are involved with this scenario? Anything I need to do when it comes back up? Expected results?

Please help! This is tomorrow morning! Thank you very much.

Andre

So what if I just save translation, let the power go off, and then let it come back up....Are the risks high???

Andre

Its a sort of risky, however this is how the Definity systems being powered up. Definity G3r, si and csi.

Sure is risky, that is why Avaya migrated everything on a much more well developed operating system which is Linux Enterprise.

I've been maintaining avaya systems for 3 years now, and for quite some reason these definity systems are much more stable than the new ones.

For A moment, be sure to enter the command save trans and save annc before anything else. Then once completed be sure to power down cabinet C, B, and last is A

To power up... first is A, then B, then C

uzumaki,

Your power down procedure is backwards. You want to power off the processor first. A off first, then B, then C. Power on is reverse, C on first, then B, then A. This way the processsor never see's the other cabinets as down.

Perfect thanks! No announcements. I powered down the way phoneguy55 said. Everything went smooth.

Much obliged.
Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back