Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscapeUK

Programmer
Jul 7, 2000
GB
I seem to be getting a lot of conflicting info from people depending on where I ask, but to sum up what I need.

I need my reports(120 of them) to print every night, get emailed to people and get saved to a file.

I do not want to have to manually set this every night. What I want to do is just schedule them to automatically run each night. For example I sent a time once and then every night the reports are run.

The apps i have been told about are, seagate info (but i don't think this supports crystal 8).

The the free distributing tool, but this can not be scheduled everynight.

Or the web stuff seagate recommend.

ta

I think the conflict stems from the fact that there isn't anything out there (that I know of) that does what you want.
Every one offered the techniques that came closest.
Ken Hamady

You came pretty close.

I have been looking at Seagate Info, but that looks like a major configuration and install pain from the start.

Free in the USA but not in the UK i'm affriad

I have had great success with third party schedulers, as well as DoS batch files and VB apps. Larger companies frequently have scheduling apps already available on their servers.

Lotsa Luck!

Databaseman Database Man
Defender of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of accurate database reporting! Follow my free tek-tip adventures at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back