Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule Windows 10 Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFRs

Programmer
Mar 28, 2003
US
I'm just lazy, so I use Windows 10 backup with File History. I have set it to backup daily. How do I find out when during the day it backs up?
Is it possible to set this time when it occurs?

You'd be better off using Backup and Restore (Windows 7) instead, as that can be properly scheduled. File History cannot - it basically backs up whenever it decides the computer is idle enough ... alternatively, set the File History backup to every hour. It only backs up changed files, so don't worry that this will mean that space gets consumed much faster than with a daily backup.

I wouldn't be lazy when it comes to backup. You need to know when it's backing up, what it's backing up, to where it's backing up and if it's successful. Otherwise, you will have pain in the event of a hardware failure. Online backup is preferred in case you have a fire/flood/theft.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back