Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

schedule SQL report

Status
Not open for further replies.

HebieBug

Programmer
Jan 8, 2001
JP
Am having some problems with scheduling CR from an SQL database.
It seems the authentication will not work thus the schedule fails.
Have spoken to Crystal's world wide support but it seems the answers that they are providing are not really acurate.
The only way that I can see of producing the reports is linking databases in Access and then pulling data from there.
Anyone have any other ideas of accessing the databases?
By the way the Username and password is correct

Do you have the DSN information on the machine that is the job server/page server?
Is this DSN info set up as a system account? It should be.
Are you using NT authentication agains SQL server if so you will need to run the job and page servers under that SQL server account or use a non unified logon account for SQL server

For the test am using the "sa" logon. The connection type is ODBC. Something very interesting about the reporting when the logon comes up I will enter the correct details but still it will not let me past the database logon screen.
As for DNS I believe it is correct the CR enterprise is on the same server as the SQL. The DNS is on our PDC. To logon to the IIS on YAMA (CR and SQL) I do not need to type in an IP but rather can use the name yama.

Do you have crystal reports designer on the server?
If so open the report on the server and verify the database.

If not open the report in the designer and click on set location. This will show you the DSN info that the report is looking for. Make sure this is set up on the server where enterprise is installed as a system dsn.

Also check the case specifics of the dsn entry.

Answer found. It was the ODBC files. They where setup in SystemDNS when they should of been created in FILEDNS. Intresting conclusion to this case as the reports are all created on a schedule and are done from the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back