Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule SMTP Connector does not work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lclechner

Technical User
Jan 17, 2002
BR
Hi,
I'm running Ex2k Ent/SP3 and a strange behavior is happening. I configure the SMTP server to use 2 diferent connectors based on internals groups. The first connector(A) is configured to accept msg from groupA and send outgoing emails immediatelly. The second connector(B) receive msg from group2 and send this outgoing emails only in scheduled times(7-8,12-13,18-19). I do this configuration some time ago(+-6months) and work fine during this time. í used to use "Smart Host" to send this emails, but my ISP stops to accept this way, so I changed the two conectors to use direct DNS to send outgoing emails. Since I do This the schedule stops send msg. Conector (A) sends emails OK, but the connector (B) schedule the msg but never sends, in the ESM the Connection State in queue is always "Scheduled" until I force conection, wheater I do this the msg are send. No NDR is turned back to my users.
I suspect that there is a problem with schedules in multiple queues, since this problem does not ocurr when I was conected to a smart host.
Anyone has an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back