Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule shutdown and restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFBaker

Technical User
Oct 5, 2000
GB
Is there anyway to schedule a restart in NT for a particular time, There is a prog in the resource kit but that only allows you to time a restart.
cheers.

Richard Baker
RFBaker@BTInternet.com

Richard,

You could use scheduler and the Shutdown.exe utility witht he switch to restart the server / workstation. This way you could shedule the restart for any time you want.

M1ckey

I have used M1ckey's solution for about 1 1/2 years now on various NT servers and it works a treat. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I also used the shutdown.exe cmd together with the scheduler. You can get the shutdown command off the resource kit. Just type shutdown /? for all the cmd's. Good luck!

I use a valuable suite of tools called 'PSTOOLS'. I think you can download it from the sysinternals.com site. Included are the apps 'psshutdown' and 'pskill', which I've found invaluable in my scripting, scheduled or not.

ShackDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back