Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule Maker in Excel Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that will make a workd schedule for me. Basically I have 56 persons to schedule in two shifts each day (Morning and Night). I rank the employees by priority, thus the person with a priority of 1 gets priority over someone with a 10 ranking. I would like to put each employees availability for each week in a table, then have the schedule reference that table when making the schedule, hopefully avoiding scheduling someone on a requested day off. Also, I would like it to have the ability for me to put my number of persons needed for each day and each shift. I'm not a expert at Excel, but do some things with it. I just have never done something this complicated. Please help. I'm more than willing to sent you my template I have so far.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,

I gained some experience in setting up work schedules back in the days before computers. This, combined with my knowledge of spreadsheets, should enable me to tackle this sort of task.

If you'd like to email me your template, please include all of the "criteria" - as a written description - for what is required.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back