Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule delivery of e-mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klssri

MIS
Nov 5, 2001
US
We are using Outlook with Exchange server. I have a question about using the option to send e-mails at a later time. I know you can go to options and select do not send before. My question is, is there a way to schedule e-mail to go out without your computer needing to be turned on. The out of office assistant generates e-mails without your computer being on, why can the system not send your delayed messages the same way? I tried to use the delay feature and the message did not get delivered until I came back and turned my computer on, which really defeated the purpose of the delay.

If your Mail (particularly the Outbox containing the email in question) is on the Exchange server, then the Options -"Do not send before" will work even with your PC turned off. But if your mail is located on your PC, it can't work unless you leave it turned on.

Sawedoff

It is located on the exchange server. We do not store locally. I have come across some other information that has to do with whether or not you have caching turned on. If it is on, it will not send it with your computer off, but if you turn off caching it will work. Haven't had a chance to test this, as I just found this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back