Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule Broadcast Message on Intuity R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sezwhat

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
US
Can you schedule a broadcast message? I see in delivery options how to schedule a message and how to broadcast a messsage, but can you use both options for the same message? If so, which option do I enter first, or does it matter? This is one of those situations where it'd be nice to have a test environment to try it out first.

hmmm, I don't know if u can schedule a broadcast, but broadcast messages default to be deleted automaticlly in two days, as I learned painfully.

Sending a Broadcast Message
To send a broadcast message:

Log in to your mailbox. See the process flowchart Broadcast Message Operation and Procedure.
Press 1 to record or 4 to review a message.
Record, edit, and address a message. See the Multimedia Messaging User's Guide, 585-310-748 for subscriber instructions.
Press 8 to mark the message as broadcast.
If a subscriber cannot mark a message as broadcast, he/she does not currently have permission to send broadcast messages. To allow a subscriber to send broadcast messages, go to the Subscriber Screen, Page 2 and enter voice in the Broadcast: field.

(OPTIONAL) Press any of the following:

1 Make private. (Press 1 again to undo.)
3 Schedule delivery.
4 File a copy.

Note: A broadcast message cannot also be a priority message.

(OPTIONAL) Press * M to access the following additional options:

1 Turn on message notification. (Press 1 again to undo.)
2 Change the message expiration from the 2-day default.
Enter numbers for the month and day of expiration. For example, press 1 0 0 8 for October 8.

NOTE: The month can be either 1 or 2 digits. The day must be 2 digits.
Press # to save the expiration date or press 2 to start over.

# Approve additional options.

Press # to approve your message.

Yes you can schedule on and you can change the default time on the message expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back