Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

schedule a dialup network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichi

Programmer
Nov 12, 2000
EC
hi everybody, is there a way that i can schedule a connection with a ISP through a network dialup,, for example, i want that my NT server connect to an ISp everyday at 8, 11, and 17 o'clock, is there a way??
thanks in advance
pichi

Hi wood you want to do that?

be more spesific please

and i will try to help you.

PUPA ARAUJO
ANGOLA

hi pupaaraujo
let me explain to you why i'am trying to do this
i have a domino server,, and replications and mail receiving and sending to do,, so in domino you can schedule a connection to an isp so you can deliver your mail to another dominmo server and replicate the databases, but this schedule configuration doesn`t work, i don't know why, but i need that,, so i am creating a backup plans for that, so i what to schedule a connection to an isp,, and whenever the task scheduler trigger the connection i only need to configure my domino server to replicate and send/receive messages (that works correctly) and i don't need to manually make the connection , i schedule the connection for 5 minutes (for example if i can do that) and repeat that schedule four times a day, or something like that
hope i explain myslef,,
thanks in advance
hope you can help me

PD: i am trying to use a visual basic script for this.

Pichi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back