Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedual calendar app

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBTBILL

Programmer
May 1, 2000
US
I'm looking for a calendar/schedualer app that can track the appointments of multiple plumbers. I know about Hollgram but wonder if there is something else

Bill Couture

Bill,
Well, you can always write your own...

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Hi Bill,

You might want to take a look at DBI ( They do a control that you can use to create a calendar. (But, of course, this will only give you the user interface. You would have to program the actual scheduling yourself.)

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

I have just written my own for scheduling vacations for a company using MSCAL Calender 7. For the most part it wroks really well. I can not put labels or anything on the calender itself directly but it does work well.

I do have one problem with it in that the dates and anything printed will not show up on a few computers. Working on it now. So if anyone has come across this let me know.

SBT Bill. IF you are interested I would be more than happy to send the pre code to load the printout part of the calender and the report form which is a little time consuming to to build. Once it is in in place prior to print out I Load a few arrays with the Day for each block and then another for loading the data to be printed on the calender itself.

This is the internal code I use for generating a printout of a calender.

Code:
for q = 1 to 12
 mdate2 = bom(mdate)
 mhead = 'Vacation Schedule for ' + CMONTH(mdate) + ' ' +    STR(year(mdate))

DO WHILE .t.
  IF DOW(mdate2) != 1
   mdate2 = mdate2-1
  ELSE
   exit
  endif 
 ENDDO
 FOR i = 1 TO 42
  aday[i] = DAY(mdate2)
  mdate2 = mdate2 + 1
 NEXT
 mdate2 = bom(mdate)

DO WHILE .t.
  IF DOW(mdate2) != 1
   mdate2 = mdate2-1
  ELSE
   exit
  endif 
 ENDDO

FOR j = 1 TO 168 step 4
  SELECT empl FROM vacation WHERE vacdate = mdate2 INTO CURSOR mvac
  IF j = 165
   mnames[165] = ''
   mnames[166] = ''
   mnames[167] = ''
   mnames[168] = ''
   EXIT
  endif
  k = j
  FOR k = j TO j+4
   IF !EOF()
    mnames[k] = mvac.empl
    skip
   ELSE
    mnames[k] = ''
   ENDIF 
  NEXT
  mdate2 = mdate2 + 1
 NEXT j

SELECT vacation
 SET CONSOLE OFF
 REPORT FORM calender NEXT 1 TO PRINTER 
 SET CONSOLE ON
 mdate = mdate + 30

NEXT q

The array aday[] is just a label for each day of the month that will be printed. There are 6 rows on a calender to make sure we can cover all months. So Starting at aday[1] will fill in the first square on the calender printout up through 42.

mnames[] is the array to hold up to 4 names each day that will appear on the calender for people that will have vacation days on the given day to match it up.

The report basically is 42 squares with a header each one gets filled in with the information in the array first square is 1-4 and so on.

Hope this helps.

Vegas Baby Vegas

Thanks for all the info. What I'm looking at is a lot more then a calendar. I need to schedual about 50 plumber throughout the day. This where they are by the quarter hour is important. Need a visual representation of the schedual.

Bill Couture

Bill - no suggestions for you, but just want to make sure you spell it right in the app: schedule.

Tamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back