Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SceCli Error in error log

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilparkes

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
GB
I need urgent help with this.

Our server (windows 2000 standard server) was a domain controller about 6 months ago, but we removed the domain with the dcpromo command for company reasons.

We have now re-created a new domain, with a different name. I have created all the user accounts and set up the workstations accordingly.

The problem is, whenever someone logs in, we get two errors in our error log. One is:

Source SceCli, Event ID 1202

Security policies are propagated with warning 0x534: No mapping between account names and security ID's was done.

The other:

Source Userenv, Event ID: 1000

The group policy client-side extension security was passed flags (17) and returned a faliure status code of (1332).

I really need some help with this one.
Our VPN has suddenly stopped working also. It was working OK up untill this weekend. You log into VPN, but whenever you try and access resources on the server i get a message saying it is not accessible, the network name cannot be found. I can ping it OK!

Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Are you running more than one network card in your server?

If so, make sure you turn of file sharing and services for Microsoft on one of the cards.

If that doesn't work, try disabling the additional cards so only one is running.

This is the point that I am at in order to try and resolve the same issue. (When more than one card is active, the domain controller can not be found.)

Hope this helps. If I find a cure to the problem, I'll post it here.

Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back