Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCCS port usage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeet

Vendor
Jan 9, 2004
US
Does any one have a list ar a range of ports that are used in SCCS Client operations

The only thing I could find on this was what ports the RSM multicast portion of SCCS uses. I couldn't find info on client/server port usage. -Matt

Matt H.
TMC - KCMO, USA

SCCS uses dynamic port addressing,...so, there's no fix UDP or TCP port.

Here's a thread that has what you are looking for:

thread959-842977

I'm also interested in this thread
I read the topic submited by sandyml, but I still have some doubts in installing a client through a firewall.
We have SWC, and we can get the TCP ports from the handbook, but Multicast is an important issue.
How could I use the "fat" client thru a Firewall?

Fat client thru a firewall is not supported since the UDP port communication between the clients and server are dynamically assigned.

i'd suggest you, using remotedesktop to a workstation where the client is installed. Works through VPNs and firewalls :)
XP has this feature native you just have to enable it.
An alternativ solution is a terminal server. But that doesn't seem to work very good. I tried a NT4-TS one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back