Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCCS 4.2 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaret

Technical User
Jan 17, 2004
NO
Recently we have had problems connectiong to the SCSC 4.2 server from the fat-clients. When clicking on the Symposium-icon on the desktop an errormessage is displayed:

"A server connection could not be established."

Ping from the clients are OK. SCCS 4.2 server is working OK, calls are handled OK. All services in SMONW is OK.

Problem have been seen 3 times the last 14 days. Workaround is to reboot the server. SCCS 4.2 server is running SU11S

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

I have also noticed the same problem.

Do you have multiple SCCS.
Have you placed an entry for your virus scan to bypass the files used to connect to SCCS.

Jay

I've got a feeling that it's the RPC Service that is having problem.

Have you installed the Microsoft Hotfixes on both the server and the clients?

ErwinStevanus, you are right! It's seems to bee sometihing with the RPC Service. In the Event Viewer it's pointing to RPC every time this is happening. I'll chech the HotFixes.

Thanks!

Have you got the latest Symposium Hotfix Compatibility file? You can download the file from Nortel MPL website.

I notice that the hotfixes related to RPC Service is MS03-039

Good Luck! :)

Q,

After installaing MS03-039 does SCCS need a reboot?

Rgds

Jay2003,

After the installation, windows will prompt you to reboot.
Don't forget to shutdown SCCS Services before installing the hotfixes :)

Also, when you run the blaster virus tool, do not set the tool to automatically delete the infected files. Check the log files, and if you're 100% sure that the files are not used by SCCS then you can delete them :)

Thanks Erwin.

Seems that it wasn't the blaster, Some other issue with the client / server app and this RPCprov app.

Close all apps.
goto and run.
..client\en\bin\nicomsetup.exe

Then
Goto and run.
..sybase\ini\sql_ini.bat

Restart the pc/s in question.
Resolved.
Thanks

Blaster-virus was found on server. Virus removed - still problem. HotFixes to be installed. Keep you informed.

Problem solved after hot-fix was installed - related to Blaster-virus.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back