Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scanning 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 26, 2003
AU
Hi everyone!

Ned to scan various business card and place them on Calendar layout but not sure what resolution is best to scan BC. Some of them are picture with text over, some just as text and some have gold text print.
My question is simple: HOW TO SCAN ALL THIS TO LOOK NICE I CLEAN WHEN PRINT. WHAT RESOLUTION AND OPTION TO USE WHWN SCANNING?
Thank to anybody for answer and Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to Tek-Tips team as well as all visitors.

Hi Marcus,

Thanks to your respond. Calendar will be A3 size and have to accomodate 24 business cards. The size of BC on calendar is 70 mm x 50 mm, so they are smaller than usual BC size. All I need is all card when printed digitally in full color to be clean and sharp. I scan it on my UMAX Astra 2400S scanner but prove print on my b/w printer Elite XL20/800 does not satisfied me. Any idea?

I love my UMAX...

Anyway...I take it you are descreaning the cards, in which case you will have to play around with the unsharp mask in Photoshop to get a clean image. also If it look good in the PDF then it will look good when you print it.

I wouldn't worry about trying to make it look good for a B+W printer

Marcus

Whether you scan at CMYK or RGB, the final images will need to be cmyk ( I'm assuming you are printing the calendar by conventional process). Whilst the photographic images will look fine when scanned, the text will suffer since it will be printed in the 4 process colours and slight mis-register is inevitable. To sharpen the black on white text, select the text areas in your images and delete this part in the cmy channels leaving the text showing in the black channel only. Strengthen the remaining black text if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back