Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scanning colour photo for newspaper reproduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

juzzo66

Technical User
May 26, 2002
Could anyone tell me the best method for scanning a colour photograph for newspaper reproduction including resizing, colour correction, sharpening, etc.

Hi,

For the scanning part read the last 2 posts of this thread: thread229-303861

As for color correction there are many ways to do it, but it all depends on what the image looks like after it has been scanned in.

Same goes for sharpening.

If you want to know more about the variuos color correction ways let us know and we can help you further.

Hope this helps! NATE
spyderix.gif

design@spyderix-designz.com

Thanks Spyde,

1 more question, do digital pics have to be colour corrected and sharpened. As they haven't been scanned they should not have lost detail?

Hi juzzo66,

Again, it all depends on their quality. That is up to you.

I personally like to increase the saturation of something or check the levels or brightness/contrast or do some correction using color range or channels before I use them in print.

Hope this helps! NATE
spyderix.gif

design@spyderix-designz.com

I think images for newspapers have to be 'knocked back', don't they?
you can do it in photoshop by adding a 15% opacity layer of white on top of the image, or better yet tell the printer to 'knock it back for print'.
This may just be for B&W images, it's been years since I worked at an ad agency!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back