Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scanner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavito21

Programmer
Mar 26, 2003
US
Hi everyone,

I have this problem, I had a machine where a ScanPartner 15C scanner was connected. The PC finally give up and I'm wanted to use a PC that I have but the problem is that my PC doesn't have an ISA slot to put the Card for the scanner.
I oply have PCI slot.
What should I do?

Thanks

get a new scanner with USB. I don't know of any adapter that will go from ISA to PCI.

Cliff

I have a scanner with a page feeder you can put 75 pages and it will scann all of them I price a new scanner with USB but they start from $600.00 and up. I was just trying to find a better(less expensive) way.

So there is only other solution. Getting a MB with a ISA port. It seems like all new MB doesn't have the ISA. I am correct or Do you think I can still find them?

I really appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Just as a response to the secondary issue. There are a couple of models that start for less than $600. The Visioneer has a model that has an auto-document feeder (ADF) already attached for $299 sold by Office Depot. I haven't had a chance to test this model, but its there. Plus, HP has a scanner with ADF for less than $600. Just check hp.com.

Goodluck,

Gary
gwinn7
A+, N+, I+

You could also get an old computer second hand, with the ISA slot for way less than 600 dollars. Use that to run your scanner.

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back