Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scanner pixelating images

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderwoman

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
US
HP Scanjet 5370C has previously worked WONDERFULLY, now no matter what image I scan & no matter what software I use, the images are GREATLY pixelated. I don't think I changed any settings, haven't used it in about a month. Would cleaning be a solution? Doesn't seem like it. Please help!
Thanks
dk

Hi

Are the images only pixalated on screen or when you print them or both?

If it's the first one then perhaps your graphics resolution has been changed. Check this by right clicking on blank desktop and selecting properties and then settings. It should be high color 16 at least.

cj75s

It happened both screen & print. Checked the settings & they are at 'true color 32 bit', which is where they've always been. I've found that if I hit the 'descreen' button on the scanner program prior to 'each' scan it fixes the problem. Never had to do this before & can't seem to get the 'descreen' setting to stay set. Any ideas on that?
Thanks
dk

I'd try uninstalling the scanner and reinstalling it. I've only got a little experience with them, but have seen that when settings adjust themselves, a reinstall is first thing to try. They are so software dependent that it tends to help.
good luck. hg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back