Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scanemal.dll Outlook Error when migrate VS 4.5.1 to 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silio

Technical User
Sep 12, 2003
ES
Hi all,

When i migrate any machine freom VS 4.5.1 to 7.1 Enterprise, i received this error when Outlook is opened.

This error is for previous VS installation. Vs 4.5.1 not installed onto default location but 7.1 is installed under default options.

The unique solution i have is delete extend.dat file (outlook preferences) and restart Outlook, but this stop migration plan (manual intervention required on any machine).

any suggestions?

Thanks...

This happens if you have Outlook open during the upgrade. Make sure it's closed before doing so.

AVChap

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once.
I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work,
I will find the way that will work.”
--Thomas Edison

Hi,

AVChap says:
"This happens if you have Outlook open during the upgrade. Make sure it's closed before doing so..."

If i have Outlook closed, i received the same error.

The only methods for resolve it are:

-Unistall first 4.5.1 and then install 7.1. Is this possible from Deployment Task? -> No. Discard.

- remove extend.dat from script launched from VS7.1 setup pkg. But... What happens with roaming profiles?? This option make me find extend.dat files eternity!! ;( -> No. Discard.

I see one similar error on 7.0 and Mcafee solucionate this with patch 10...

What i do?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

The discovered solution is:

- First, uninstall 4.5.1 from deployment Task. Ensure the task is finished before next step.

- Then, Launch deployment task to install 7.1.

The only problem is the time between deployment task all machine are unprotected, and the installations required supervision to ensure first step is finished.

McAfee has not been capable of solving the error. They have limited themselves to saying that it is a error of Microsoft and his file extend.dat.

yes sir, really solvent support!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back