Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scandisk won't stop coming up! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychosonicSid

Technical User
May 8, 2001
GB
I have a Win98SE based NEC Direction V system, on which Scandisk will not stop coming up at boot up. Even after closing the Microsoft way!

While I have disabled this at the NEC tech services request, I would like to cure the problem, not treat the symptoms.

Any help or ideas would be useful.

Many thanks

Check the Startup folder. Also go to RUN and type MSCONFIG and go to STARTUP and Uncheck scandisk.
Let me know if this does not help.

you cld reinstall windows over itself or
go start-run-sfc

and have it check for changed files, be prepared to be there clicking a while and have the win98 cd handy to reinstall files from

sfc= system file checker

good luck

X-)

Thanks, butchrecon I have already disabled Scandisk, but would like it to run properly. After all the program does serve a purpose, albeit an annoying one.

Thanks anyway
PsychosonicSid

I am having the same problem as PsychosonicSid so if anyone does come up with a solution, I'd be grateful if you could e-mail it to me at Paul_honosutomo@hotmail.com.....
Cheers
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back