Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scan to Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikermann

Instructor
Jan 22, 2002
US
Windows 7; HP Envy 5530:

Previously had an Epson scanner which offered the capability of scanning a text document, "reading" the scan, and then copying the text in order to paste it into another program for editing purposes. Have not found that capability on the 5530; only that it will scan a document to .tff -- which, of course, is not the same and does not offer the ability to actually edit the text.

Was I mistaken in believing that the HP Envy 5530 would have such a basic, common capability? Or does it? And, if so, where does one locate it?

Thank you / appreciated.

Found what I needed on-line; appreciate all responses. CASE CLOSED.

Hey, hikermann.

You ought to know as a veteran Tek-Tip member of sixteen years, that Tek-Tips is more than GETTING the right answer.

How about SHARING the info that you “found...on-line” that answered...
Was I mistaken in believing that the HP Envy 5530 would have such a basic, common capability? Or does it? And, if so, where does one locate it?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back