Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scan image directly into field

Status
Not open for further replies.

filmir68

Programmer
Jan 29, 2001
US
I wanted to to be able to scan an image and have the image go directly into a field on a form in msaccess 2000. the scanner is twain compliant but I am not sure how to do it.

From what I know of this, saving an image within an Access database makes the size of the database grow very, very quickly, though it can be done into an image control on a form.

I haven't pursued it further in that direction, because it was much more feasible to use a hyperlink field to link to a storage area for the scanned documents.

Drew

Pictures can not be saved directly from the scanner into Access. They have to pass via the HDD. If you use the Graphix for Access Wizard ( then you can integrate your scans into your Access table. The scans do definitely not take more space inside the database file. You can configure the Wizard so he automatically deletes the original scan file from you HDD after the integration.
You will get the bloat effect (scan files take up to 1000% of their original size!)if you integrate any OLE file with an OLE server. This is one of the unsolved MS mysteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back