Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scam Worry About Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

eques4

Technical User
Jun 1, 2002
GB
Hi

Left my job on Friday and was sorting out my contacts on my PC/blackberry just before I left.

There were a few contacts in there with sort of nonsense names and a number not formatted like a phone number eg. 24690150.

To give examples of the names there was one called Ice Cream and another called Cream Ice.

At the time I was in a rush to finish everything up and just deleted them but over the weekend it has been nagging at me.

Has anyone come across this before or have any idea what it could mean?

I do sometimes give out my business card in bars etc.

Thanks

Sounds like a possible really good night (rough morning) event. Too bad we can't see the "DateTime Created" stamp to get a better idea of what was happening when the number was put in there.

--------------------------------------------------
“Crash programs fail because they are based on the theory that, with nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.” --Wernher von Braun
--------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back