Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scaling images without deformation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmiocid

Technical User
Jul 29, 2007
ES
Hi there

I want to make a banner for a website with a background image and the text on top, simple.

I can't resize the image to fit the banner without deformation of the image, as the pic is square and the banner a rectangle. I use Paint Shop Pro and Macromedia Fireworks, two good image programs, and cannot find the way to do it with either of them...Also have Photoshop 7..

Am I missing some obvious image design concept?

Thanks

If the original source image is a bit-mapped image (this includes .jpg and .gif types), then scaling it will distort it (sometimes almost unnoticeably). If it's a vector image (including lossless .png), it likely can be scaled without distortion.

Do you only have one version/size of the original logo?

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Hi Thanks for your reply

The image is a digital picture (.jpg) of a landscape which I have taken myself so I have the original which is v large. I have re-sized it down to 20% with perfect result. Then tried to insert it into the banner/rectangle in many different ways with no luck the distorsion being too much

Finally I did a trick and managed to put it in but with the missing blue sky..

By the way I like yr Kierkegaard phrase, wish politicians read philosophy...

see u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back