Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scale graph and divide y-axis

Status
Not open for further replies.

jel

Programmer
Feb 17, 2002
NL
Using Crystal as included in VS2003, I want to make a simple graph showing the number of people participating in different groups.
I made a dataset with one table, columns: date, number, groupname.
I inserted a Chart, and using the Chart-expert on the Data-tab selected 'on change of': date, group 'show value': number.
So far so good, when I run it, it actually displays different lines for each group.
Now I got 2 small problems I can't solve, regardless howw many options I change:

- If I resize the chart to match the size of the page, all fonts are also resized (in property-box it still says 8pt, but it displays on something like 15pt...)

- I want to show values for a period of 1 year. I enter rows for every day. The x-axis displays a label for every day (and 365 labels printed 15pt make 1 big black smear). Can't I just tell the thing I only want a label every month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back