Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scale - 1/8 or 3/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffonwing

Technical User
Mar 7, 2009
US
I am doing some CAD drafting, and would like to be able to draft in 1/8 scale. However, I cannot change the grid to .125 inches. I can do .12 or .13, but these throw off the scale of the architectural drawing.

I know Hotdoor's CADtools has their own grid setup, but frankly, it's horrendous. Zooming in the grid gets thicker, zooming out it gets thinner. I like how Adobe's stays the same thickness.

Does anyone know if Adobe will ever allow a more specific grid sizing ability in the future? It would be greatly beneficial for those of us who use Illustrator for drafting or other minute-detailing.

...to be honest illustrator does lack for professional drafting, and having said that most professional outfits use the industry standard AutoCAD on PC and i don't think Adobe are in it to be direct competitors with Autodesk, hence CADtools trying to work something into illustrator...

andrew

============
============

Yeah. Illustrator has a great capacity for drafting, and is a very powerful program. The main limiting factor is the inability to make a gridline at thousandths of in inch, only hundreds (which limits you to only 1/2, 1/4, 1/10 scale etc, not 1/8 or 3/8).

It would also be nice to be able to have Layer Folders in Illustrator, the same as we do in Photoshop. It would help to group things together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back