Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SC Request to send Break to host 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenC

MIS
Apr 7, 2003
US
Help! We have a new V445 running Solaris 10. Every day, sometime overnight, the system drops to the ok prompt with the error SC Error: SV Request to send Break to host. This error is only logged at the console, not in the messages file. There is nothing in the messages file before it drops to the ok prompt to indicate why it keeps dying. Sun Support had me do a sync to create a core file...but it is too big for me to get it to them. Once I type go, the system comes right back to a login.

Anyone have any ideas?

Renee Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation
Rochester, NY

try looking at the logs in the SC, I think it is something like 'showlogs', there might be more needed to complete the command though, I can not remember.

Anyone know how t look at the sc logs? Do I look at them from the ok prompt, when the systems is up or from some other location?

Renee Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation
Rochester, NY

try:

# scadm loghistory -a

The scadm command is how you talk to the SC within Solaris.
lots of info if you man scadm

Great! That provided alot more information. Thanks for the help!

Renee Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation
Rochester, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back