Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SC DiskInfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewMozley

Programmer
Oct 15, 2005
GB
I would like to install on my Windows 7 machine a utility which can tell me how much space on my disk I am using, sorted by folder / subfolder.

In the past I have used a product SC-DiskInfo, and I have found its analyses clear, prompt and useful.

However, when I try to download this freeware onto a new machine, it comes with what looks like a fairly complicated installation routine from a company called Conduit. I am concerned that by mistake I may have my browser changed, other toolbars installed, or worse. Am I worrying un-necessarily, or is there a way of installing this program (or similar) without the danger of acquiring unwanted programs?

Thanks. Andrew

What site are you downloading from, as it make a difference, some sites will download a load of unwanted progs. Best to download from the authors site if possible or a reputable one at least.

Conduit = BAD. Whatever site you got it from are real rats. Run some malware scans if you installed it. Junk Removal Tool should snuff that along with a MalwareByte's quick scan. Both recommended. Then take a look here if you have any remnants.
Link

I use TREE SIZE PRO for showing my disk contents. A paid program, but Tree Size Free is ........ wait for it..... FREE.
Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back