Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sbtw.exe has stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

captsnappy

Programmer
Feb 19, 2009
US
SBT 5.0i on 2003 Server, Windows 8 Pro workstation. Been running this way for years. Now in the last week SBT has stopped at least daily on this one workstation with the aforementioned message.

Changed registry entry to disable LAN autodisconnect ([URL unfurl="true"]http://windowsitpro.com/windows/how-do-i-configure-lan-autodisconnect)[/url]. No fixey.

Configured ethernet adapter to never power off. No fixey.

Changed shortcut to 1) Run compatible with XP Pro SP3 and 2) run as administrator. Have not had sufficient time to see if this has fixed it.

Event viewer gives:
Faulting application name: sbtw.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x32e973ae
Faulting module name: VFP500.DLL, version: 5.0.0.412, time stamp: 0x336ff4c8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x002002c2
Faulting process id: 0x428
Faulting application start time: 0x01d16f2e8246043a
Faulting application path: \\Ldhfs5\sbt\SBT\sbtw.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\VFP500.DLL
Report Id: 690d9f96-db37-11e5-bee7-f80f416ff20f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone else experience this? As I said, nothing to my knowledge has changed. (But I always suspect a sneaky Wndows Update might be the culprit.)

TIA

Trey Harris
hdb
Houston

Hi captsnappy,

Good day!

This is strange... In fact, we never experience yet an error like what you had been mentioned here.

We are running Windows server 2008 r2 and windows xp as well as windows 7 (all professional) as workstation. So far, we are fine and error free.

I am wondering if this gonna be a virus signature or what... Did you consider server and network maintenance?

Just an idea...

Can anyone share idea on this problem, please...

Thanks

Jun Magoncia

junmagoncia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back