Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sbt vision point 8 to vision point 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

eab2463

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
US
i have vision point 8 and have purchased a used vision 10
and would like to copu over my old a/p info..
how do i do it?

First off your used version of Vision Point 10 is a copyright violation. That means most of the authorized resellers will not tough you with a ten foot pole.

Next question is do you have the original VP10 disks. If you do they contain an upgrade procedure that works well and is simple to use.

Bill Couture
SBTBILL.COM

SBTBILL,

Thanks for your post. That brings up an interesting situation that I was about to bring before the forum.

I have a customer who bought 4 modules of VisionPoint 10, complete with source, and I was getting ready to convert their VP9 modifications to VP10. But, they sold their business. The buyer has no interest in VisionPoint, as he is using Navision, and plans to incorporate the just-puchased business into that system.

My customer approached his reseller about selling the VP10 he had just bought, but the reseller didn't want to bother with it. (Little profit in it for him!)

What I was about to ask was: would it be a violation of forum etiquette to advertise the VP10 modules on the forum? Now, you raise an interesting point. Would it then be legal for a reseller to "resell" them?

Thanks for your advice and counsel.

Lakeside

Oh, and one other question re: forum etiquette. Would I be allowed to advertise manuals for sale?

Thanks again.

Lakeside

I'd say the reseller wouldn't be able to because of the sage license. On the other hand I'm an independant. So if you want drop me an e-mail. As far as I'm concerned a used book is a used book. Even the music industry doesn't seem to get upset about used tapes and CD's. Some of the rules on this stuff are just money grabs.

Bill Couture
SBTBILL.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back