Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBT PRO 5.0 Urgent help please "REPORT WRITER" cannot be accessed (error 1705

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2007
US

Hi Everyone,
everything has been working fine in SBT PRO 5.0 under windows 10 pro 64bit and Windows server 2016.

Detail Info:
Each workstation have under folder c:\windows\SYSWOW64 all the runtime libraries (.dll) as well a TMP folder on each c:\drive of a workstation, as well a define TMP variable under" ADVANCE SYSTEM SETTINGS==> SYSTEM PROPERTIES==>ADVANCE TAB==>ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" and correct pointing path where the tmp files should be created on each workstation.

now suddenly about 3 days ago, when users go into the REPORT WRITER==>REPORT MANAGER where they always have access to run the reports, now when they select the "REPORT MANAGER" they get the following error

"[ERROR 1705] fILE FFMSGVC.DBF is not available[exclusive use],user could be reindexing the file or closing a period, please wait until the process is finished."

I am writing this from home, that is why i don't recall the complete error but it is about that, so
error 1705 is not allowing the "REPORT MANAGER" to open as imply that the above table is not available.

so this is what i did.

1- i open the sbt as administrator, no luck same error.
2- i have myself full access to all modules in SBT so i cannot even open the "REPORT MANAGER"
3- i went to the server and checked that the permissions for the folder PRO50 for the all the users that need to access and run "SBT" they have read, write, modify, so then i changed under security,permission to "full access", even thou before i changed to FULL access, they were able to run the the "REPORT MANAGER",so Full access still no allowing "REPORT MANAGER" so still same error pop for each user, there is not problem with any other module, i have reindexed applications and files, no luck, i even opened in vfp 5.0 the "FFMSGVC.DBF" i cannot remember exactly the full name of the table but it is something like that name and i even reindex the table no problem, table has been reindexed, so also cleared all lock files and users, still no luck.

4- i made a copy of the whole folder "Pro50" from the server and copied to a usb flash drive, then created a batch file where i am mapping to the mounted flash drive,then inserted this flash drive into my computer so then from the shortcut i have in my workstation i am able to access the sbt from the flash drive adding full permission to my local account on that usb drive and i can run the "report manager" now, so that is the reason i determined to went back to the server and added to the shared folder "accounting"(where the PRO50 folder is located) full access to the users that need to run "SBT pro 5.0", still the same problem on "REPORT MANAGER".
so i have to assume that has to be a "group policy" that do not allow the SBTUSERS GROUP to have full access to the shared folder "ACCOUNTING" even if i manually went to the server and applied full access permission to the group that the sbt users belongs, i don't have access to reach the group policy as there is someone else managing the server as they are doing some work on it so could be that ? maybe

Does anyone have any other suggestion that can help troubleshoot this please ?
Thanks so much in advance
Ernesto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back