Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sbs2003 exhange pop3 retrieval interval

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbird

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
GB
I'm using the pop3 retrieval option in my sbs2003 exchange setup. The retrieval interval is adjustable down to 15 mins. Anyone know of a hack to let me adjust this down to say 5 mins?
All the best
James

Here's a little trick I use fairly frequently to figure out undocumented information. Download RegMon from Sysinternals.com and open up the Exchange Manager. Navigate to the POP3 Connector config screen. Then run RegMon. Next, change the retrieval interval and Apply the change. Stop RegMon's logging and look at all the registry events that are related to Exchange. Comb through and see if you can find a registry entry that changed when you changed the interval. That will be your reg entry.

Next, go to that registry key and see if you can change it to something lower than 15 minutes. The actual key may use seconds, not minutes, so you may have to calculate that out. If the reg key has a hardcoded lower limit, you are out of luck, but if the limit was imposed by the GUI, you may be able to bring it down to 5 minutes.

And be careful...this is the registry.

ShackDaddy

Hi everyone!

I need to configure and exchange server 2003 for one of our clients. The situation with the client is that they do not have access to High speed internet or a dedicated IP address. My question is how can I configure the exchange server to be able to send and receive e-mails using a dialup line. Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back