Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sbs fax server hiccups

Status
Not open for further replies.

despierto

Programmer
Jun 25, 2004
US
I have an SBS with the fax configured. We have two fax lines, #1 being the primary, #2 being the secondary rollover line.

The faxes are routed to a printer on the network, and we don't copy or email the faxes anywhere.

Every once in a while, the fax service hiccups and doesn't print a fax. When you open the fax manager, it says success next to the fax that didn't print. Apparently this used to happen "all the time" and then my predecessor "did something and it doesn't happen as much."

Has anyone seen issues similar to this, and if so, what could I look at to be the possible root cause? It seems to be either the first line or line independent.

I've seen this happen too, which is why I always keep faxes in two forms. If you are printing, I'd also route them to a public folder or route them to a user's mailbox and have that person delete them as needed. Some places I manage we have them sent to a distribution group so that four people get them and we also archive them to a folder on the server...

Dave Shackelford
Shackelford Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back