Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2k3 & SQL2k5 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofusjtf

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2004
US
I have an accounting software package that uses SQL2k5 running on my SBS2k3 server. I just recently installed Symantec BE 12 for SBS. The accouting software does not support 3rd party backup solutions. I have to use their own method (which is fine and working properly). So I have excluded all SQL databases and instances that pertain to this software from my backup job as well as any other files that show up as in use or skipped by the backup exec job log. But I still get SQL Writer errors and SQL Access denied errors on these databases. I'm not sure how that is possible since I'm excluding these databases from my backup. It is not a huge deal it just junks up my event log as well as my SBS report. Even the software vendor says the errors can be safely ignored. I would just rather have them not show up at all.

FWIW, I kept receiving an error with Backup Exec 10 on a server that had SQL Server 2k3 installed. I found out that it was due to the VSS Writer service. I just went into the Services in Windows and set it to Manual startup and then disabled the service and everything worked fine.

Worth a shot I guess.

=================
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back