Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2011 Standard with 2 quad xeon cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCSLOY

Technical User
Jun 7, 2007
NO
Hi

I am about to send an offer to a customer for a new sbs 2011 standard server and wonder if it would give a noticable performance improvment with 2 2.26 Ghz quad xeon cpu? They have 10 users and quite possible they will employ 5-10 extra staff in the course of 2 -3 years. The plan is to use 4 10k disks in a raid 5 and use 24GB Ram on the server. Sql will not be used and the server will be used for exchange and file storage. The reason I ma asking is because this will be my 1st sbs 2011 install and am wondering if the hardware is good enough since I have received a very good offer from my supplier for hardware.Many thanks for reading this.

I think you will be fine for a while with this hardware. as long as its decent hardware - HP - then you will have plenty of life from it.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Hi

Thanks for that! i was a bit unsure since i dont know how demanding sbs 2011 is. Btw, its a IBM X3400 M3,pretty decent I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back