Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2011 from SBS 2003 Mailbox Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl1973

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2007
US
I just built a SBS 2011 server. I am trying to move my SBS 2003 user mailboxes to the new SBS 2011 server. I have followed the Microsoft deployment guide with using the answer file and the other steps they suggested. None of them seem to work. The only thing I want to move are the mailboxes. Does anyone have any step by step easy instructions to get the mailboxes moved easily. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry just seeing this. You have probably already resolved your issue, however for those that follow I will respond.

The answer file needs to be accessible on the new server before you begin the installation, otherwise it won't do a migration.

You can use ExMerge on the old server to dump all email to PST. Then use PowerShell to import those PST files.

Refer to my FAQ for the import procedures. While written for Exchange 2007, the process is the same for 2010, it's all PowerShell.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back