Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2011 can't complete the Connect to Internet Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2014
Hi

I installed the SBS 2011 as a file/print server only (no web, no email and no sharepoint services are activated)for a year and everything works fine. Lately, I want to deploy Exchange 2010 and POP connector for my company email, when I try to set up the Connect to Internet Connection Wizard by the SBS console, it can detect my Router IP & Server IP but the Wizard show this error:

"Internet connection is incomplete. Cannot configure Routing and Remote Access (RRAS). Restart the RRAS service, and then try again, or run the Fix My Network"

I've tried to restart the RRAS service and run the Wizard again, same error, anyone can help to solve this issue?

Thanks

You don't need RRAS set up to be able to host Exchange/POP mail, so I'd just move on if I were you. Exchange should still work even if that bit fails.

To resolve the RRAS issue we'd need to actually look closer at the server--check logs, look at the RRAS config, etc. It's possible that when you chose to not have some of those features active initially, you might have done something like disable something in IIS, so there may be a dependency issue that's preventing the wizard from completing.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back