Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2008 & outlook 2007 remote.mydomain.com pop up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentek

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
GB
I have set up SBS 2008 and added 4 machines to the domain.Whenever I open outlook on any of the machine I get a pop up box asking for Remote.mydomain.co.uk requesting a username and password.
I have tried all users and all passwords
If I go via IE to I can login without any problem using the normal username and password

Any advice is useful

There was a problem kicking around to do with Exchange only being at SP1 (the default install in SBS 2008), but the lastest Updates being installed on top of that for the Server.
You need to install Exchange SP2 (preferably SP3, but I don't know yet if there is an install Tool for SBS - maybe the SP2 install tool will allow you to point at the SP3 files - upto you if you want to risk testing that!).

If you're already running SP2 for Exchange, and still getting the errors, then its something else... but I don't know what!

Good luck...

Hi Thanks for you advise
Exchange SP2 solved the problem also service pack is also available.
SP2 has to use a special install tool and SP3 needs services stopped

In most situations you just need to run Exchange 2007 SP1 Rollup 9 to get rid of this problem. That's much easier than worrying about how to do a supported installation of Exchange 2007 SP2.

Dave Shackelford MVP
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

For those that read this thread in the future, installing Exchange 2007 SP2 on SBS 2008 isn't hard and you DON'T need to use that silly install program. All you need to do is create the following DWORD value in the registry and set it to a value of 1.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\Exchange\E12SP2READY

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back