Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2003 Sandard to Premium editio

Status
Not open for further replies.

st38

MIS
Mar 9, 2002
US
Had purchased SBS 2003 standard edition with a new server. However, realized afterwards that SQL will be required in environment so purchaed the Premium edition. Does anyone know if installation of premium edition can be done as an upgrade whereby all the current settings will remain or do I have to start from scratch? Thanks for any suggestions.

I think the setting will stay, the diff between these two are ISA, SQL, and FrontPage option in offce. So after the upgrade, these 3 options will be available.

But i didn't personally upgrade it before.

st38 (MIS),
As you have realized the only difference between Std & Premium are the pkgs, SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 & ISA. These are separate apps on aditional cd's and are not keyed to the server key. You can install one or all of them separately on your current SBS install. There is no benefit to re-installing the main SBS software.

You end up with, essentially, a copy of Sts SBS that is not being used, but that is what you would have had anyway.

If this install is not old, you might be able to work something out with your VAR, possibly.

rvnguy

"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back