Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2000 problem with Proxy Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirvana80

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
GB
I have a problem on an SBS 2000 Server. When I add a new user to the domain the server automatically configure the new user account internet connection to use a proxy server. The problem is that I don't have a proxy server installed in my network so the user when try to connect to the internet cannnot browse because the computer try to detect the proxy server. I have to log on with that account and than change the option for using a proxy.
Could anybody tell me how to set that on the server so that I don't have to do it every time I create a new user?

Thank you.

Open Group Policies.
"User Configuration"->"Windows Settings"->"Internet Explorer Maintenance"->"Connection"->"Automatic Browser Configuration" and open "Property".

Ok solved.
Thanks a lot bcastner. Very quickly reply I'm impressed.
Thanks again.

Which is the option on that window pane that prevents internet explorer from browsing the internet? "Automatically detect settings" or the one below about the proxy configuration? The Proxy option was already disabled. I didn't try to deselect "Automatically detect settings" yet, wich one do you refer at?

What bcastner meant is to go in the GP of the root and maybe the Domain Controllers OU. Open the Active Directory Users and Computers. Select the properties of the OU and edit the GP. Follow the same instruction as above. And do the same

"""
Open Group Policies.
"User Configuration"->"Windows Settings"->"Internet Explorer Maintenance"->"Connection"->"Connection Settings" and open "Property". Select Modify Settings.
"""

This works for me. Hope all goes well for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back