Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBC login issue 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) At the EMS Sign in page, after an upgrade from (Sipera 4.0.5 to Avaya 6.2+),log in using these default credentials:
• Login ID: ucsec
• Password: ucsec_1ST1

At the Avaya Log In page, type the user name (ucsec) in the Username field and the password in the Password field, and then
click Log in.

2) If the ucsec password was used in the former release, then you must change the default password upon first log in to the upgraded
version.
• Type the current (default) password in the Current Password field.
• Type the new password in the New Password and Repeat Password fields.
• Click Change Password.
• The message in the red box indicates that strong password requirements will be enforced.

3) After the password change, log in again.

This however, is the procedure following a successful upgrade. Other upgrades use the same user and password that you previously had. An unsuccessful upgrade may require you to do it again. I think it's done with putty and a serial.
SBC is sold with Avaya support separately to the main IPOSS component. If they have an IPOSS contract, their SBC may not be covered. If the disti can't help after you have another go at the upgrade and you still can't get in, it's IPOSS...or default.

Modify Initial Configuration
• At the SBC CLI (root access), type ipcs-reconfigure and press Enter to re-run the installation script.
• Use this command (typically) to change the Management IP address.
• Do not do this remotely or you lose connectivity until you are able to connect a serial cable (or monitor/keyboard) to the SBC.
• Stopping the maintenance interface on an SBC generates an alarm.
Notes
Using the CLI command ipcs-reconfigure, you can reconfigure the SBC, including changing the Management IP address.
• Do not issue the command remotely or you lose connectivity until you are able to connect a serial cable (or monitor/keyboard)
to the SBC.
• This command stops the maintenance interface, which generates an alarm.

"There is one hope, and, as usual, it's Norwegian!"
Professor Farnsworth, Futurama

Also try user: ucsec
pw: ucsec

dear holdmusic34,
I really appreciate your support
Now I am connecting using serial console and using putty as you told me
from ipcs privilege i tried #ipcs-reconfigure but is not working
and tried
#sudo su
#ipcs-recofigure
also getting same error
bash: ipcs-recofigure: command not found
thank you and best regards,

It sounds like it's a fridge. In all honesty, there hasn't been enough use of this in the SME industry for you to expect much help here. I would be harassing my disti if it's new or looking at getting Avaya to support it under their IPOSS.
You may have a little more luck posting in the Aura forum. Good luck.

Please let us know what you find.

The ipcs-reconfigure option was removed in 6.3 (thanks Avaya). You'll need to reinstall it. No harder than installing Application server. Connect monitor and keyboard to the unit and boot off the USB.

ACSS (SME)

One of these days everything will work as it should, and then we'll all be out of a job!

TheSmash, seriously, an upgrade removes an essential part of the product itself?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi guys, Finally it working [thumbsup2]In SBC box you will find a usb flash which is burned with linuxRedhat.iso
you will connect it to usb port of SBC and laptop to console
restart SBC and open putty>serial
Automatically the usb flash will be booted to format and start new installation

Thank u for the support and best regards,

It's a long way to reinstall and reconfigure. Had to do it twice to change M1 IP address.

Stupid thing is that a backup snapshot will restore everything. M1 IP also...

I found a python script with some options to change a few config parameters. I can try to look for it tomorrow.

Star for posting solution.

Also a bomb technician.
If you see me running, try and keep up.

@tlpeter - yes, they removed this command as part of the upgrade to 6.2. Give it a go and see what comes back!

Bit miffed that IPOku gets the pink love when I was the one who suggested the solution! *sigh*

;-)

ACSS (SME)

One of these days everything will work as it should, and then we'll all be out of a job!

Indeed you did, Smash, and IPOku confirmed it. Have some pink too [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Try to open root shell with [pre]su[/pre] and enter root password

Then use [pre]SBCEConfigurator.py[/pre] and you get the commands you can use.

@TheSmash why you are miffed ?
Actually it would not work without you experience and solution
Thank,you saved my life [thumbsup2]

@Derfloh next time i will try this command[wink]

@Smash I give stars for coming back and posting the resolution to a problem, particularly if the problem is an unusual one.
I am unable to check your advice, so I cannot star it. That's the OP's prerogative.
thread940-1743376 Here's a precedent.

You lose, Carl Miller.

Hi all,

Sorry, my humor was misplaced and did not come across correctly for which I apologise.

Glad to be of help, and my request for Pink stars was purely tongue in cheek.

Cheers.

ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back