Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauce

Technical User
Apr 24, 2000
US
I am fairly new to Premiere, and am having a major problem. When I try and export a video, I set the settings:

General - File type - QuickTime
Range - Entire Project
All 3 boxes checked

Video - Compressor - Sorenson
Frame Size - 320 x 240
Frame Rate - 15fps
Data Rate - Limit data rate to 50/kps

Audio - 44k, 16bit, uncompressed, 1 sec

Click OK, then in the Export Movie window, I type in a file name, and click save. Then the fun starts. I get the window that says:

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor."

Am I doing something wrong?

I figured I would check with this board before I took the Adobe route.

Thanks

Sauce

I forgot to mentiion:

I am using Premiere 5.1 on Pentium III windows 98 SE system. I hope this helps.

How much physical memory do you have in your system. I had a problem when trying to render a large file. I went from 64 meg to 128 meg and the problem went away.:^)

Memory is not a problem. I have 512MB. Also, it is a very small file of only 15 seconds. All I did was import the file, cut it to the size I needed, and then tried to export it.

Thanks

Sauce

Have you ever exported another file with the same settings?

You could allways try deleting the Adobe preferences file (Prem*.prf file in the Adobe folder), that might help!

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back