Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

saving user names and passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeron866

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
CA
Hello everyone!I am having a small problem.My computer is set to save names and passwords.it is not set to save forms or addresses.some sights including this one it will not ask if i want to save name and password.any explanation.it used to save on this sight but not anymore.even if i delete cookies it dosn't work?thank you.

Click on tools then internet options. Click on the Content Tab and then click on the Autocomplete button.

Make sure the relevent boxes are still ticked.

Also What you have to be aware of is the Save passwords feature relies on web sites naming the password box with a set list of possible names.
I.e. if the password box is named password then the Save passwords feature will prompt you to save the password.

If the password box is named christmas then the software cannot detect that it is a password field.

Greg Palmer

----------------------------------------
Any feed back is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back