Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving to .jpg, bmp, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcops

Technical User
Mar 22, 2005
US
hey everyone, sry im new to this, but i have read the other saving one on this but it doesnt help, is there a away that i can save my bryce render to a .jpg format instead of the .br5, or if that is a converter out it would be much help.. please reply

You can easily save your last Render by using
File > Save Image as...
A save window will open, there you can set the file type of the Image you are saving, as well as its quality.

ok but at the top of my screen it doesnt say nething no buttons that say file or anything.. is it hidden or something??

It's sort of hidden, yeah. Just move your mouse to the top of the scren and the bar will appear. It's sort of buggy now that I think about it.

I am trying to import text to a Bryce 5 project. Is that possible?

Does anyone know how to import an Adobe Illustrator, or Adobe PhotoShop .jpg text object into Bryce? ndyourptis@aol.com

Well, to import text from Photoshop you first create your image (Take into account that it should have transparent background) and save it as any format that supports it (Photoshop .PSD works ok!).

Now in Bryce, go to the Create tab and click the man's image (That Leonardo DaVinci drawing) to insert a 2D image. You will enter the 'Pictures' screen, so click on an empty slot and a window will pop up. There you should choose your image and click ok. Accept all prompts and close the windows back to the main Bryce workspace. There you'll see a square, and when you render, that square will have your text as a 'Wall'.

There is a way to make the text actually in 3D. You should Insert a new 'Terrain' object, and enter the Edit screen (The 'E' button when the terrain is selected). Once there you go to the 'Pictures' tab and load your image on both squares, then click Apply. To get the transparent part to work, you need to click on the square-shaped grey button in the upper-right corner of the image (Terrain), and a color bar will appear. Move the 'Parenthesis' sides until the transparent area is shown as red.

Not so easy to explain without images... if you have any doubts just let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back