Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving the diagnostic logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

avfc

Technical User
Mar 24, 2004
GB
Hi

I have 17 IBM servers with information lights illuminated on the front panel. We do not have director or any other monitoring software on these machines. I know that to get the information lights to turn of you need to clear the diagnostic logs, but I would like to copy the logs to a file first. When I reboot the server and then press F2 I can clear the logs no problem but dont get an option to save them.

Anybody got any ideas ? I did see an IBM engineer save them to a file before, but I was too busy doing something else to pay close attention to what he was doing.

Depends on the server. What machine type/model do you have? If it has an RSA/RSA II, you can use web-based access to remotely connect to the RSA and save the logs from there - without having to shut down the server. If there's nothing more than power on/off, connections, you don't need to save it before clearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back