Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Reports using standard HTML templates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik5955

Programmer
Mar 27, 2007
US
Hi,
I am using Webfocus to generate html reports which will then be posted to another website. I have to generate reports based on certain standard HTML templates. One way is to save a text file into which i can write the date embeded between the HTML tags. But this is complicated.
So i tried this .
Table file xxx
print x y z
on table hold as yyy format html

Htmlform begin
--html tags
-----
data from yyy hold file
----
--- etc

But here this html form opens in a new window based on the
tmplate in the region 1 and 2. But obviously i am unable to save this. Saving this with a given name is necessary as this has to be posted into another website..
Kinldy advise me how to do this or any means to avoid writing the HTML tags into the output file thru program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,
Mahadevan B

It SOUNDS like you really want to use FORMAT HTMTABLE, instead of HTML. Per the manual:

"Creates an output file that contains only an HTML table. The output produced is not a complete HTML document, however, the file can be included in another HTML document using the Dialogue Manager command -HTMLFORM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back