Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Reports as Word Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

fionama

MIS
Mar 4, 2005
IE
Hi,
I'm quite a novice, so excuse what is probably a silly question!
I have set up an access database, and in the "Startup" options, I have unticked all the menu options (allow full menus, allow default shortcut menus etc).
I have 2 questions:

(i) is it possible to have a 'Save As' or 'Export To' button on the main screen, rather than having to go to 'File', 'Save As/Export'? With the restricted menus, neither Export nor Save As appears in the menu options.

(ii)Is it possible to save the report as a word document?

Thanks for your help.

(ii) Have a look at the OutputTo method:
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "report name", acFormatRTF, "document name.rtf", True

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

A word here about saving as a .RTF
In theory, and on the Microsoft web site, when you save an Access report to .rtf so it can be seen by those using Word, the translation should be seamless - the .rtf should look exactly like the Access report.
I've found that this is true if you keep your reports quite simple. Some reports I did were fancy - graphicical with lines, columns and circles - and they didn't translate too well. So always compare first before you send them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back